My class had so much fun with the turkey and Santa, that I decided to do a snowman. To help my class with their snowman and to give them ideas, I first read Snowballs by Lois Ehlert.
I then asked if they wanted to decorate a snowman at home and bring it to school. They squealed so loud I think my Principal heard it! (and I am at the end of a very very very very very long hallway!)
Here is the letter I sent home, along with the snowman (I had the students cut the snowman out and glue it to a piece of construction paper. Next I printed out the letter and stapled it to their snowman):
You could use the snowman I attached, or you could give the students white construction paper and have them tear out circles and glue them on a piece of construction paper (I used blue construction paper). I was short on time yesterday when we did this activity, so I just used the template, but if I had more time it would be so much cuter and lots more fun for the kids to make their own "snowballs" and "snowman".
Here are the rules for accepting the award:1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they've received an award!
So, here are 7 things about me:
1. I LOVE to cook! Especially Italian food!
2. I am full blooded Italian (I am 3rd generation American - My great grandparents came to America)
3. My husband and I have been married for going on 19 years and have been together for going on 22 years! (Yes, I am old! But when I say that to my 6-yr-old he tells me "Mommy, you aren't old, your pretty!" Gotta love the words of a 6-year-old!)
4. I have lived in Texas all my life! (But I have family all over the US - so I get to visit some fun places!)
5. I love College football! I have loved watching all these bowl games! Can't wait for the LSU vs Bama game! :)
6. Maroon is my absolute favorite color! (Can you guess why????) But I do LOVE Pink, Purple, Blue, and Red! (Although, I wear a LOT of black!)
7. I am a blessed with some wonderful friends and family who support me and help me get through each and every day! Without them I would be completely crazy right now! (Well... If you ask my kids, I am already crazy! But aren't we all, just a little bit crazy?!!!)
Now, to pass this award on to some other bloggers!